1. Focuses on mission to the world and paying the debt of the Gospel
2. Practices love for and service to its neighbors and the world
3. Excels in leadership, scholarship and Christian worldview
We believe that The Old and the New Testaments are the only Word of God and that they are the infallible rule of practice for every area of faith and life, and that we are to train loyal and useful servants for the glory of God.
- Nurturing an applied Christian worldview for all of life
- International student body including MDiv taught in Chinese and English and MA in Christian Education taught in English
- Active student body
University Logo and Motto
The logo of Kosin University consists of:
These symbols reflect the ideal image of a Christian university, an image which Kosin University actively pursues.
- the Bible, which is the foundation of Kosin and a symbol of truth and scholarship
- the cross, the symbol of Christianity
- a dove, the symbol of grace and love.
At the center of the logo lies the school motto, Coram Deo, which literally means in the face of God and signifies living in the presence of God, under his authority and to his glory.
The blue color blue symbolically represents the Puritans, youth and peace.
This Mace symbolizes the authority, collaboration and communal goal of the university community in its scholarly pursuit toward truth and wisdom. Kosin University’s MACE was designed by Professor Dong Oon Kim of the Industrial Design Department in 2008 for the use during official ceremonies such as the conferment of degrees.
It consists of a flame symbolizing our faith in God and the cross symbolizing the members of Kosin University serving as God’s servants. These images reflect Kosin University moving forward embracing the world with the vision of the gospel of Jesus Christ.