The admissions requirements and procedures vary from graduate school to graduate school. The information below refers to students applying for the MDiv (English). The deadline for submission of completed application documents is November 1 for classes starting in February the following year. For additional information regarding applications for the MDiv (English) contact Dr Mark Kreitzer by phone 051-990-2277 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
For undergraduate courses, to find out more information on how to apply, please contact Mr. Jin Hong Park at the International Cooperation Office by phone 051-990-2238 or email email@example.com
For MA in Christian Education or PhD, information concerning how to apply, please contact Mrs Yoo Mi Kim at the Graduate School Office by phone 051-990-2233 or email firstname.lastname@example.org or contact Mrs Esther Jang at the Graduate School Office 051-990-2128 or email email@example.com
Admissions Requirements for International MDiv (English)
- Application form
- Essay describing how you became a Christian and describing your present walk with Christ. All applicants must be baptized Christians. This should be emailed to Dr Mark Kreitzer (firstname.lastname@example.org)
AND to Mrs Mi Suk (Parkmspark@kosin.ac.kr) or Mrs Esther Jang (email@example.com)
- Essay describing your vision for ministry and/or missions after you graduate. This should be emailed to Dr Mark Kreitzer (firstname.lastname@example.org) AND to Mrs Mi Suk (Parkmspark@kosin.ac.kr) or Mrs Esther Jang (email@example.com)
- Letter of recommendation from a Korean missionary or other authoritative Christian (e.g. missionary, pastor, Christian college professor) who knows you and the course objectives well.
- Photocopy of passport (picture page)
- Five color photos (size: 3.5§¯ x 4.5§¯)
- Certificate of alien registration (if previously issued)
- An academic recommendation from a professor or the institution that awarded your bachelor¡¯s degree (if possible).
- Original Certificate (Diploma) of your latest scholastic achievement. (This will be returned to you upon arrival in Korea.)
- An official transcript showing all courses taken and certification that you graduated with a bachelor¡¯s degree.
- Certificate indicating English competency, that is above TOEFL - PBT 550, CBT 210, IBT 80 or TEPS 550
The following documents are required by the Korean Immigration Office.
- Reference or documents that prove the applicant¡¯s financial capability
- Financial supporter's proof of employment
- Certificate of bank balance (at least US $10,000)
For Chinese Applicants Only
- Data of visa issuance
- ID card photo copy of parents and applicant
- Family-register certificate
- Census registry (All family members must be listed)
Application Processing Fee
- An application processing fee of KRW 50,000
All of the above documents (apart from the essays which may be emailed) should be sent to:
Kosin University University
Mrs Eun-Hee Nam
Kosin University Graduate School of World Mission and Ministry
149-1, Dongsam-Dong, Yeongdo-gu
Busan, 606-701, Korea
The final date for the receipt of applications is November 1.
Upon acceptance of the student¡¯s application, the Kosin University Office of International Cooperation will submit the required documents to the Korean Immigration Department. When approved by the Immigration Department, a copy of the application and accompanying documents will be sent to the applicant who will then take the documents to their local Korean Embassy for issuance of a visa. (The process is slightly different for Chinese students.)